- Dr Pratiti Nath, Research Associate (Microbiology). 2017 – 2018
- Dr Thomas Michl, Research Associate (Biomaterials Biology). 2015 – 2018
- Dr Carla Giles. Research Associate (Biomaterials Biology). 2015 – 2017
- Dr Stefani Griesser. Research Associate (Biomaterials Biology). 2014-2015.
Current PhD Students (Co-supervised with Hans Griesser)
- Argha Chakraborty. Microstructured materials.
- Stephanie Lamont-Friedrich. Biological responses of clinically significant microbial cells to materials surfaces.
- Javad Naderi. Development and evaluation of antifungal surface coatings for biomedical applications.
- Mohammed Altaf Hossain. Investigation of Plant Derived Antifungal Compounds and Coatings.
- Xiaoxiang (Crystal) He. Phytochemistry and pharmacology of plant compounds with potential application in wound healing.
Past visiting students (Internship & Master’s / Bachelor Thesis projects)
- Xiaojun Zhan, University of Adelaide. Summer Internship. December 2018 – January 2019.
- Giovanna Curfaro Gonçalves, Internship student from Brazil. July – December 2018.
- Joris Baranger, University of Strasbourg. Internship. February – August 2017.
- Dimitri Jung, University of Siegen. Master’s thesis. October 2016 – March 2017.
- Malin Johnsson, Chalmers University of Technology. IAESTE exchange student. September 2016 – March 2017.
- Karl Gonzalvo, University of Adelaide. Summer Internship. November 2016 – January 2017.
- Andrea Pertoldi, ETH Zurich. Internship. July – December 2016.
- Anna Schulte, University of Siegen. Master’s thesis. July – December 2016.
- Alasdair Cross. University of Bath. Internship. October 2015 – July 2016
- Lauren Gywnne. University of Bath. Internship. September 2014 – July 2015.
- Tanny Paniagua-Sanchez. Flinders University Practicum Placement. September – December 2015
- Stephanie Lamont-Friedrich. Flinders University Practicum Placement. July – December 2014
- Urška Žbogar. University of Ljubljana. IAESTE exchange student. October 2012 – 2013. Master’s Thesis Project: Characterization of Novel Marine Antifouling Surfaces
- Jamila Joseph. IAESTE exchange student. January 2012 – July 2012. Successful completion of project: QCM study of functional, immobilized proteins on surfaces
- Tanja Scholz. TU Dresden. IAESTE exchange student. January 2011 – July 2011. Successful completion of project: Aldehyde and Alcohol Plasma Polymers: Comprehensive Study of Protein Binding to Homogeneous and Gradient Surfaces